Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sewing Beehives....

The Beehives decided to learn how to sew mittens for their mutual activity. The girls were told to bring sewing machines and a fantastic  lady from our ward, Holli Lund,  donated fleece that she had stored away in her craft room at home. 

Emma C, Emma K, Sydney L, and Kennedy B sewing away on their mittens.
 Emma V (Yes we have three Emma's) and Natalie K cutting out their mittens. They were suppose to trace their hand, giving themselves a two inch extra radius for the hem. 
 Sister Hammond was so kind to come help, I didn't think I could help 12 girls sew all on my own and she was totally inspired to come volunteer! 
Abby M, Tory L, Shaylee K are watching Sesha show them how to get started.
 Awdree S and McKinley H gettin' their sewing on!
 Sister Albertson also stayed and helped. She is getting Sydney set up, that sewing machine kept getting the tension too tight and the string would break. 
 Boys came into our mist looking for candy but we ran them off! Sister Maughan also took a group of girls and helped them sew their mittens. 
 Abby concentrating on her hem.
 One of the girls didn't follow the two inch seem allowance guidline and ended up with a crab glove. I couldn't stop laughing. It just makes me smile watching these girls learn from eachother. 
 These awesome group of girls make my day! I laugh with them, I cry with them, I learn with them. We have such a great time together, I feel blessed to be around them all the time!
They may look like they are huge mittens on the girls but at least they will be warm! Even crab gloves are warm...I'm still laughing whenever I see those claws! 

No comments:

Post a Comment